Exhibition Outline of Tokyo Auto Salon 2012 (PDF/163KB)
December 27, 2011
Exhibition Outline of Tokyo Auto Salon 2012
Tokyo, December 27, 2011 - Fuji Heavy Industries Ltd. (FHI), together with Subaru Tecnica International Inc. (STI)*, announced its exhibition at the upcoming Tokyo Auto Salon 2012 with NAPAC (Japan Car Parts and Aftermarket Promotion Association), which will be held January 13th to 15th, 2012, at the Makuhari Messe in Chiba prefecture. On the theme of Subaru booth design "Proud of BOXER", it will showcase through Subaru's unique products the Subaru's efforts to integrate enjoyable and reliable driving provided by the Horizontally-Opposed Boxer Engine.
*: Subaru Tecnica International Inc. (STI; President Hiroyuki Karamatsu; located in Mitaka, Tokyo)
|Subaru Booth Image|
◆SUBARU BRZ STI CONCEPT (display model)
Under its product concept that "everyone can experience the enjoyable driving", the SUBARU BRZ STI CONCEPT was developed to offer excellent handling performance based on "SUBARU BRZ", a rear-wheel drive sports car featuring the Horizontally-Opposed Boxer engine. STI tuning and original parts, which include carbon-fiber engine hood and roof, not only achieved an extra weight reduction but also enhanced stable straight-driving and cornering performance. As a result, the car responds exactly to the driver's input.
|<Major equipment of SUBARU BRZ STI CONCEPT>|
|Carbon Front Hood (Prototype)||STI Flexible Tower Bar (Prototype)|
|Carbon Roof (Prototype)||STI Low Down Spring (Prototype)|
|STI Front Under Spoiler (Prototype)||Brembo Brake & Rotor (Prototype)|
|STI Rear Trunk Spoiler (Prototype)||Bilstein Damper (Prototype)|
|STI Sport Muffler (Prototype)||STI 18-inch Aluminum Wheel (Prototype)|
◆SUBARU IMPREZA G4 STI CONCEPT (display model)
Based on the New Impreza G4 2.0i-S (Japanese specification model) which was introduced on November 30th, 2011, this concept car is blended with STI performance touch to emphasize Impreza sporting profile. By adopting special tuning in pursuit of STI's vehicle development theme "strength and nimbleness driving", the model offers excellent controllability and maneuverability to any driver who loves driving pleasure.
|<Major equipment of SUBARU IMPREZA G4 STI CONCEPT>|
|STI Front Under Spoiler||STI Sport Muffler (Prototype)|
|STI Side Under Spoiler (Prototype)||STI Flexible Tower Bar|
|STI Rear Trunk Spoiler (Prototype)||STI Low Down Spring (Prototype)|
|STI Skirt Lip||STI 18-inch Aluminum Wheel (Prototype)|
|STI Shift Knob - CVT (Prototype)||STI Stainless Steel Mesh Brake Hose (Prototype)|
【Subaru booth design and program】
- Throughout the theme of its booth design "Proud of BOXER", the booth was designed in the image of race track. It supplies exciting and real physical effects such as the black-themed wall, the light effect and the sound effect of Subaru boxer engine in a race track, and also creates an image of enjoyable drive provided by the Subaru boxer.
- Talk shows with rally driver Toshihiro Arai and other race drivers who joined Super GT races and 24 Hours Nürburgring endurance race will take place along with the exhibition.
- By using the USTREAM live streaming provider, events in the Subaru booth will be broadcasted live.
【Motor Sport information】
- Other displayed racing cars: Legacy B4 GT300 (participated in the 2011 Super GT race); BRZ GT300 (scheduled participation in the 2012 Super GT race); Impreza WRX STI (scheduled participation in the 2012 24 Hours Nürburgring endurance race); and Impreza WRX STI Group R4 specification model.
- Subaru will announce its entries of the Super GT races, Intercontinental Rally Challenge (IRC) and 24 Hours Nürburgring endurance race in 2012.
List of Exhibits
|1||SUBARU BRZ STI CONCEPT||display model|
|2||SUBARU IMPREZA G4 STI CONCEPT||display model|
|3||SUBARU BRZ Black Edition by PROVA||display model|
|4||SUBARU IMPREZA SPORT CUSTOM||production model|
|5||SUBARU IMPREZA WRX STI
(scheduled participation in the 2012 24 Hours Nürburgring endurance race)
|6||SUBARU IMPREZA WRX STI Group R4||display model|
|7||SUBARU LEGACY B4 GT300 (participated in the 2011 Super GT race)||display model|
|8||SUBARU BRZ GT300 (scheduled participation in the 2012 Super GT race)||display model|
|9||SUBARU BOXER plus Next generation D4-S Engine||technology exhibit|