FHI Introduces the "SUBARU XV CONCEPT" as the World Premiere (PDF/130KB)
April 19, 2011
FHI Introduces the "SUBARU XV CONCEPT" as the World Premiere
Tokyo, April 19, 2011 - Fuji Heavy Industries Ltd. (FHI) unveiled the "SUBARU XV CONCEPT" today at the Auto Shanghai 2011 (Press day: April 19 and 20; Open to the public from April 21 through 28) in China.
|SUBARU XV CONCEPT|
The SUBARU XV CONCEPT is Subaru's design concept car that defines a new generation of crossover vehicle, blending exceptional SUV practicality with a fashionable form. The key design concept is "Protren". This word was coined from "Professional tool" and "Trendy design". It expresses the integration of "authentic functionality as a professional tool" and "urban and stylish design".
- The vehicle was engineered to blend the crossover-like commanding silhouette with a fashionable image in a single, modern package. Its contemporary looks and electrifying lines are guaranteed to turn heads, as its body exhibits the very solid, dynamic and independent styling so characteristic of all Subaru's.
- At the very front of the vehicle are standard design elements that are common to the Subaru stable, including the hexagon grille, winged motif and sharply- and solidly-designed hawk-eye headlights.
- The rear of the vehicle features the same hexagonal design as the front and more hexagons engraved into the clear blue base under the license plate complement the consistent design theme.
- To better embody the "Protren" theme, the wheel arch cladding offers the image of functionality, playful touch and driving excitement, which is further enhanced with the black metallic highlights.
- The aluminum alloy wheels are designed to combine a solid, intrepid form and a stylish appearance, while at the same time exhibiting a fashionable look suited to urban driving. Contrasting colors – silver spokes, black rims and clear blue center caps – are used intentionally to generate an exciting balance between quality and performance.
- The exterior of the vehicle is splashed in riveting "Electro Yellowgreen", resulting in a gleaming tinge seemingly emanating from beneath the matte finish. The color embodies electrifying performance, and above all excitement, to round off a tasteful, and at times potent, package.
- "Silvery white leather" is used as the base material for the seats, which firmly envelopes passengers to provide a secure feeling. The use of sporty mesh in selected areas works to create a high quality, yet casual mood, and "yellowgreen" piping gives the interior a sporty and stylish finish.
- A large multifunction display sits in the center panel. Three different displays – one each for navigation, car audio, and vehicle information are united in the design and touch panel technology expresses ease of use and can be operated intuitively.
- The concept car features Subaru's own advanced driving assist "EyeSight" system. An LCD monitor positioned between the two well-balanced and highly visible combination meters allows the driver to check the images captured with the EyeSight's stereo cameras.
Body size (Overall: Length x Width x Height): 4,450 mm x 1,800 mm x 1,620 mm
Wheelbase: 2,635 mm
Engine: 2.0-liter four cylinder Horizontally-Opposed DOHC engine
Transmission: Lineartronic (CVT)
Tire size: 245/45 ZR19