Fuji Heavy Industries Introduces the New Subaru Justy in Europe (PDF/42KB)
September 11, 2007
Fuji Heavy Industries Introduces the New Subaru Justy in Europe
Frankfurt, September 11, 2007 – Fuji Heavy Industries Ltd. (FHI), the maker of Subaru automobiles, announced that it will unveil its new Subaru Justy at the 62nd Frankfurt International Motor Show (IAA) and it will go on sale in Europe immediately following the Frankfurt Motor Show.
The new Justy is positioned as an entry-level car in Subaru’s lineup. While offering nimble maneuverability and cabin roominess, the new Justy boasts exceptional fuel economy and low emission levels, thanks to the compact 1.0-litre engine. Two versions will be available in the European market: the sporty 1.0S, and the practical city-driving 1.0E. Both versions are front-wheel drive with 5MT. The new Justy will be supplied by Daihatsu Motor Co., Ltd., under an original equipment manufacturing (OEM) agreement with FHI.
Subaru Justy 1.0S
Major Features of the New Justy
- Overall length 3,610mm, Overall width 1,665mm, Overall height 1,550mm
- 1.0-litre DOHC 12-valve inline 3-cylinder gasoline engine
Max. output (DIN): 51 kW / 6,000 rpm
Max. torque (DIN): 94 Nm / 3,600 rpm
- Front-wheel drive with 5MT
- 155/80R13 Tires with full wheel caps (1.0E)
175/65R14 Tires with aluminum alloy wheels (1.0S)
- SRS* front airbags and front side airbags (for driver and front passenger)
- SRS* curtain airbags (front and rear, both sides) (1.0S)
- Body colored electric door mirrors
- Chrome accented gearshift knob (1.0S)
- Manual seat lifter (driver’s seat only) (1.0S)
- ABS with EBD (Electronic brake force distribution)
* SRS: Supplemental Restraint System. Effective when used in conjunction with seatbelts.
About Fuji Heavy Industries Ltd.
Fuji Heavy Industries Ltd. (FHI), the maker of Subaru automobiles, is a leading manufacturer in Japan with a long history of technological innovations that dates back to its origin as an aircraft company. While the automotive business is a main business pillar, FHI’s Aerospace, Industrial Products and Eco Technologies divisions offer a diverse range of products from general-purpose engines, power generators, and sanitation trucks to small airplanes, crucial components for passenger aircrafts, and wind-powered electricity generating systems. Recognized internationally for its AWD (all-wheel drive) technology and Horizontally-Opposed engines in Subaru, FHI is also spearheading the development of environmentally friendly products and is committed to contributing to global environmental preservation.