FHI Refined the Subaru WRX STI Series - The "spec C" Added to the 4-Door Model Line-up and The "A-Line type S Package" Introduced on Both the 4-Door and 5-Door Models - (PDF/261KB)
July 3, 2012
FHI Refined the Subaru WRX STI Series
- The "spec C" Added to the 4-Door Model Line-up -
- The "A-Line type S Package" Introduced on Both the 4-Door and 5-Door Models -
Tokyo, July 3, 2012 – Fuji Heavy Industries Ltd. (FHI), the manufacturer of Subaru automobiles, today announced the refinement of the Subaru WRX STI series. The "spec C", a competition version, was added to the 4-door model line-up. The "A-Line type S Package" was also introduced in both the 4-door and 5-door models. The models go on sale on July 3 through Subaru dealerships in Japan.
In this refinement, Subaru has further enhanced product appeals of the WRX STI models by offering new items such as the newly designed 18-inch aluminum wheels.
The "spec C" was introduced in the 5-door model in December 2010. The 4-door model also employs the same performance engine as the 5-door version: the engine was exclusively developed for pursuing ultimate driving performance of the WRX STI with enhanced response and torque as expected of the iconic sport model. In pursuit of performance as a competition model, vehicle mass reduction and suspension rigidity were also enhanced.
The "A-Line type S Package" even refined equipment as a sporty version. The model was developed on the basis of the "A-Line type S", a special edition introduced last year, and the "A-Line" which is well-received with the combination of 2.5 liter Horizontally-Opposed Boxer turbo engine and 5-speed automatic transmission.
Subaru’s brand statement "Confidence in Motion" is the foundation of its automobile development. Subaru is committed to engineering excellence and the creation of products in harmony with customer lifestyles and values. Its quest for "Enjoyment and Peace of Mind" through the Subaru experience hopes to achieve more Subaru fans.
|Subaru WRX STI spec C (4door)|
＜Outline of Subaru WRX STI series＞
- The newly designed 18-inch aluminum wheels were adopted for the WRX STI and WRX STI A-Line. The each wheel was lightened by 220 g, compared to the previous 18-inch aluminum wheels for enhancing driving performance. (applied to both the 4-door and 5-door models)
- The premium package (the premium tan-colored interior and the BBS designed 18-inch forged aluminum wheels), which is curretly optional only for the "A-Line", became available for the 6-speed manual transmission models. (applied to both the 4-door and 5-door models)
- The color of trunk garnish became same as the body color. (applied to the 4-door models only)
＜Outline of Subaru WRX STI spec C＞
- 4-door version became available.
- A rear wiper and a rear fog lamp were omitted. A large rear spoiler was also omitted for the model with 17-inch tires to minimize the weight in the rear section. (applied to the 4-door model)
- The auto air conditioner became optional for the model with 17-inch tires. (applied to both the 4-door and 5-door models)
- A head restraint and a three-point seat belt were added for the rear center seat of the model with 17-inch tires. (applied to both the 4-door and 5-door models)
＜Outline of Subaru WRX STI A-Line type S Package＞
- A large rear spoiler was employed. (applied to the 4-door model)
- The exclusive front bucket seats were adopted. (Alcantara®* / Leather seat with red stitches)
- Alcantara®* fabric floor console lid and door arm rest were adopted.
- The BBS designed 18-inch forged aluminum wheels were adopted.
- The RECARO bucket front seats were adopted as optional equipments.
- The brembo 17-inch front opposed 4 pot and rear opposed 2 pot ventilated disc brakes were adopted as optional equipment.
*: Alcantara® is the registered trademark of Alcantara S.p.A.