Exhibition Outline of Tokyo Auto Salon 2013 (PDF/779KB)
December 27, 2012
Exhibition Outline of Tokyo Auto Salon 2013
Tokyo, December 27, 2012 - Fuji Heavy Industries Ltd. (FHI), together with Subaru Tecnica International Inc. (STI)*, announced its exhibition at the upcoming Tokyo Auto Salon 2013 with NAPAC (Japan Car Parts and Aftermarket Promotion Association), which will be held January 11th to 13th, 2013 at the Makuhari Messe in Chiba prefecture. On the theme of Subaru booth design "Unchanging spirit pursuing driving pleasure -Proud of BOXER-", it will showcase through Subaru's unique products.
* : Subaru Tecnica International Inc. (STI; President Hiroyuki Karamatsu; located in Mitaka, Tokyo)
Subaru Booth Image
♦ SUBARU BRZ Premium Sport Package CONCEPT (display model)
The concept is "High-grade sports car for adults". For interior, parts with a feeling of quality such as "Tan-colored leather interior" have been employed. For exterior, high-brightness special metallic color equipped with black-colored exterior parts such as carbon roof and 19-inch aluminum wheels accentuates its appeal as a sports car.
<Major equipment of SUBARU BRZ Premium Sport Package CONCEPT>
|Carbon Roof (Prototype)||Black-colored Door Mirror (Prototype)|
|BBS Designed 19-inch Aluminum Wheels (Prototype)||Black-colored Fender Garnish (Prototype)|
|STI Front Under Spoiler||Black-colored Antenna (Prototype)|
|STI Side Under Spoiler||Tan-colored Leather Seat & Trim (Prototype)|
|STI Rear Side Under Spoiler||High-brightness Metal-like Ornament (Prototype)|
|STI Sport Muffler||Aluminum Ornament (Prototype)|
♦ SUBARU FORESTER SPORT CONCEPT (display model)
Focusing on highway driving and city cruise, it has been customized as an "On-road super SUV" based on the new Forester. The new Forester's driving performance enhanced by the Direct Injection Turbo "DIT" engine has been advanced for on-road driving. Its handling performance and fun to cruise like a GT car have been expressed with its distinctive styling.
<Major equipment of SUBARU FORESTER SPORT>
|STI Front Under Spoiler (Prototype)||STI Sport Muffler (Prototype)|
|Side Under Spoiler (Prototype)||STI Flexible Tower Bar (Prototype)|
|STI Rear Under Spoiler (Prototype)||Bilstein Suspension (Prototype)|
|Special Front Grill (Prototype)||BBS Designed 20-inch Aluminum Wheels (Prototype)|
|Front / Rear Red-colored Leather Seat(Prototype)||Brembo Brake & Drilled Rotor (Prototype)|
♦ SUBARU XV SPORT CONCEPT (display model)
Under its concept "Super off-road SUV", large tyres, increased ground clearance and Subaru AWD system have been employed. They achieved comfortable ride on any road surface. Subaru XV's unique driving pleasure has been further refined.
<Major equipment of SUBARU XV SPORT CONCEPT>
|Front Bumper (Prototype)||Bilstein Suspension (Prototype)|
|LED Driving Lights (Prototype)||STI Flexible Tower Bar (Prototype)|
|Side Under Spoiler (Prototype)||STI Sport Muffler (Prototype)|
|Fender Arch Protector (Prototype)||Enkei Designed 17-inch Aluminum Wheels
|Recaro Front Seat (Prototype)||Brembo Brake & Drilled Rotor (Prototype)|
[Subaru booth design and program]
- Throughout the theme of its booth design "Unchanging spirit pursuing driving pleasure -Proud of BOXER-", the booth was designed in the image of catwalk of fashion shows. Subaru lineup will be exhibited in the same direction under the light, sound and image effects.
- The racing cars for Super GT race, 24 Hours Nürburgring endurance race and International Rally Challenge (IRC) will be exhibited. Subaru BRZ, Subaru XV and the new Forester which embody "Enjoyment and Peace of Mind" driving experience will also be at the booth.
- Starting from the announcement of Subaru's 2013 motorsports' entries, five talk shows will take place during the exhibition. Rally driver Toshihiro Arai and other race drivers who joined Super GT races and 24 Hours Nürburgring endurance race will appear on the stage. In addition, a caravan called "Forester Live" to demonstrate the new Forester's vehicle performance in the five major continents will be broadcasted live.
- The special site for Subaru Auto salon will be opened on December 27.
- By using the USTREAM live streaming provider, events in the Subaru booth will be broadcasted live.
[Motor Sport information]
- Displayed racing cars: Subaru BRZ GT300; Impreza WRX STI 4-door (scheduled participation in the 2013 24 Hours Nürburgring endurance race); and Impreza WRX STI 4-door Group R4 specification model; Subaru BRZ "GAZOO Racing 86 / BRZ Race" (Tentative).
- Subaru will announce its entries of the Super GT races, IRC and 24 Hours Nürburgring endurance race in 2013.
List of Exhibits
|1||SUBARU BRZ Premium Sport Package CONCEPT||display model|
|2||SUBARU FORESTER SPORT CONCEPT||display model|
|3||SUBARU XV SPORT CONCEPT||display model|
|4||SUBARU LEGACY ｔS||production model|
|5||Subaru BRZ "GAZOO Racing 86 / BRZ Race" (Tentative)||display model|
|6||SUBARU IMPREZA WRX STI 2013
(scheduled participation in the 2013 24 Hours Nürburgring endurance race)
|7||SUBARU IMPREZA WRX STI 4-door Group R4||display model|
|8||SUBARU BRZ GT300||display model|
|9||SUBARU BOXER + "D-4S" engine cut model||technology exhibit|
|10||SUBARU BOXER Direct Injection Turbo "DIT" + Lineartronic (CVT) cut model||technology exhibit|