Subaru’s North American Unit Sales Hit All-Time High in FY2013 - All-Time Monthly Sales Records Set in US, Canada and Australia in March - (PDF/232KB)
April 8, 2013
Subaru's North American Unit Sales Hit All-Time High in FY2013
- All-Time Monthly Sales Records Set in US, Canada and Australia in March -
Tokyo, April 8, 2013 - Fuji Heavy Industries Ltd. (FHI), the maker of Subaru automobiles, today announced that Subaru achieved record-high fiscal year sales in the U.S. and Canada for fiscal 2013 ended March 2013. Subaru also achieved all-time monthly sales records in the U.S., Canada and Australia in its March sales.
<Unit Sales in FY2013>
- Subaru's U.S. sales in FY2013 reached an all-time high with 348,400 units, breaking the previous record of 280,100 units established a year ago. The sales were propelled by the growth of major models including the all-new Impreza (up 51.1% to 61,508), the facelifted Legacy and Outback introduced with a new powertrain (up 4.6% to 46,338 and up 11.8% to 118,594, respectively), the Forester (up 10.0% to 80,617) and Subaru WRX (up 17.1% to 15,288) as well as the added volume of the Subaru XV * (18,132 units) and Subaru BRZ (5,932 units) debuted in 2012.
- In Canada, Subaru sales for FY2013 totaled 31,254 units surpassing the previous best record of 28,067 set two years ago. Strong demand for the all-new Impreza (up 29.4% to 8,165) and the introduction of the Subaru XV * (3,252 units) in the popular small SUV segment contributed to the growth.
<Unit Sales in March 2013>
- U.S. March sales hit an all-time monthly high with 36,701 units (up 13.3%) beating the December 2012 record of 36,653 units. The sales rose with high demand for the Forester models driven by the just-launched all-new Forester as well as the added contribution by the Subaru XV *.
- March sales in Canada were up 11.7% to 3,117 units which broke the previous best record of 3,035 units set in October 2012. The sales were led by the growth of Forester sales boosted by the just-launched all-new Forester and the continued high demand for the Subaru XV * debuted last year.
- Subaru Australia achieved an all-time monthly sales record in March with 4,219 units (up 5.4%), surpassing the June 2008 record of 4,116 units. The Subaru XV led the sales with 1,567 units, up 56.4% from a year ago.
(* Sold under the name "Subaru XV Crosstrek" in North America)
With the worldwide launch of the all-new Forester underway and the forthcoming introduction of Subaru's first hybrid, the Subaru XV-based hybrid for Japan and North America as well as the Diesel Lineartronic (CVT) Outback for regions such as Europe and Australia, Subaru will continue to pursue further growth in FY2014.