FHI Announces Production, Japan Sales and Export Results for April 2014 (Flash Report)
May 29, 2014
FHI Announces Production, Japan Sales and Export Results
for April 2014 (Flash Report)
|April 2014||Jan-Apr 2014|
|Units||2014 vs 2013||Units||'14 vs '13|
|Domestic Production *1||
|+5.9%||Increased y/y for 2nd consecutive month||220,745||+6.3%|
|Overseas Production *2||16,176||-0.4%||Decreased y/y for 12th consecutive month||59,985||-8.7%|
|Global Production Total||
|+4.3%||Increased y/y for 2nd consecutive month||280,730||+2.7%|
|Passenger Vehicles||6,038||-37.1%||First y/y decrease in 4 months||46,408||-1.1%|
|Mini Vehicles||1,857||-50.4%||First y/y decrease in 8 months||21,399||+5.3%|
|Japan Sales Total||7,895||-40.8%||First y/y decrease in 4 months||67,807||+0.9%|
|Export Total *3||
|+6.3%||Increased y/y for 15th consecutive month||169,143||+22.1%|
☆: Record high for the month of April
*1 JAMA (Japan Automobile Manufacturers Association Inc.) report basis (CBU)
*2 Local line-off basis
*3 JAMA report basis
< Production >
- Domestic production increased year-on-year due to high demand for the Forester and Impreza in North America.
- Overseas production reached close to the April record established last year, led by strong sales of the Outback before
the scheduled launch of its all-new version.
< Japan Sales >
- Passenger vehicle sales decreased year-on-year as sales of the Impreza series and Forester declined.
- Mini vehicle sales decreased year-on-year due to a drop in sales of the Stella and other minicars.
< Exports >
- Exports from Japan increased year-on-year led by strong sales of the Forester in North America.