FHI Announces Production, Japan Sales and Export Results for May 2014 (Flash Report)
June 27, 2014
FHI Announces Production, Japan Sales and Export Results
for May 2014 (Flash Report)
|May 2014||Jan-May 2014|
|Units||2014 vs 2013||Units||'14 vs '13|
|Domestic Production *1||
|+10.5%||Increased y/y for 3rd consecutive month||276,727||+7.1%|
|Overseas Production *2||13,915||-5.5%||Decreased y/y for 13th consecutive month||73,900||-8.1%|
|Global Production Total||
|+6.9%||Increased y/y for 3rd consecutive month||350,627||+3.5%|
|Passenger Vehicles||6,409||-29.6%||Decreased y/y for 2nd consecutive month||52,817||-5.7%|
|Mini Vehicles||2,538||-35.3%||Decreased y/y for 2nd consecutive month||23,937||-1.3%|
|Japan Sales Total||8,947||-31.3%||Decreased y/y for 2nd consecutive month||76,754||-4.4%|
|Export Total *3||
|+4.8%||Increased y/y for 16th consecutive month||209,627||+18.3%|
☆: Record high for the month of May
*1 JAMA (Japan Automobile Manufacturers Association Inc.) report basis (CBU)
*2 Local line-off basis
*3 JAMA report basis
< Production >
- Domestic production increased year-on-year led by strong sales in North America.
- Overseas production decreased year-on-year due to preparations for the production launch of the all-new Legacy and Outback models.
< Japan Sales >
- Passenger vehicle sales decreased year-on-year as the Forester and other model sales declined.
- Mini vehicle sales decreased year-on-year due to a drop in the Stella and other minicar sales.
< Exports >
- Exports from Japan increased year-on-year led by strong demand for the Impreza series and the Forester in North America.