FHI Announces Production, Japan Sales and Export Results for August 2014 (Flash Report)
September 29, 2014
FHI Announces Production, Japan Sales and Export Results
for August 2014 (Flash Report)
|August 2014||Jan–Aug 2014|
|Units||2014 vs 2013||Units||'14 vs '13|
|Domestic Production *1||
|+6.2%||Increased y/y for 6th consecutive month||449,205||+9.3%|
|Overseas Production *2||
|+37.8%||Increased y/y for 2nd consecutive month||115,335||-0.8%|
|Global Production Total||
|+14.2%||Increased y/y for 6th consecutive month||564,540||+7.1%|
|+15.9%||Increased y/y for 2nd consecutive month||82,741||-4.6%|
|Mini Vehicles||1,262||-67.7%||Decreased y/y for 5th consecutive month||30,870||-17.6%|
|Japan Sales Total||11,114||-10.4%||Decreased y/y for 5th consecutive month||113,611||-8.5%|
|Export Total *3||
|+8.6%||Increased y/y for 19th consecutive month||344,495||+17.5%|
☆: Record high for the month of August
★: Record high for a single month
*1 JAMA (Japan Automobile Manufacturers Association Inc.) report basis (CBU)
*2 Local line-off basis
*3 JAMA report basis
< Production >
- Domestic production increased year-on-year due to strong sales in North America as well as high demand for the all-new Levorg wagon launched in the Japanese market in June.
- Overseas production increased year-on-year led by strong demand for the all-new Legacy and Outback models.
< Japan Sales >
- Passenger vehicle sales increased year-on-year with continued strong sales of the all-new Levorg wagon released in June.
- Mini vehicle sales decreased year-on-year due to a decline in the Stella and other minicar sales.
< Exports >
- Exports from Japan increased year-on-year led by continued strong sales of the Forester in North America.