FHI Announces Production, Japan Sales and Export Results for October 2014 (Flash Report)
November 27, 2014
FHI Announces Production, Japan Sales and Export Results
for October 2014 (Flash Report)
|October 2014||Jan–Oct 2014|
|Units||2014 vs 2013||Units||'14 vs '13|
|Domestic Production *1||
|+13.3%||Increased y/y for 8th consecutive month||579,346||+9.9%|
|Overseas Production *2||
|+42.4%||Increased y/y for 4th consecutive month||158,676||+8.8%|
|Global Production Total||
|+19.4%||Increased y/y for 8th consecutive month||738,022||+9.6%|
|Passenger Vehicles||9,064||+10.0%||Increased y/y for 4th consecutive month||106,989||-1.0%|
|Mini Vehicles||2,478||-36.4%||Decreased y/y for 7th consecutive month||37,762||-19.8%|
|Japan Sales Total||11,542||-4.9%||First y/y decrease in 2 months||144,751||-6.7%|
|Export Total *3||
|+40.0%||Increased y/y for 21st consecutive month||445,733||+19.9%|
★: Record high for a single month
*1 JAMA (Japan Automobile Manufacturers Association Inc.) report basis (CBU)
*2 Local line-off basis
*3 JAMA report basis
< Production >
- Domestic production increased year-on-year led by continued strong sales in North America as well as high demand for the Levorg wagon launched in the Japanese market.
- Overseas production increased year-on-year as strong sales of the all-new Legacy and Outback continued.
< Japan Sales >
- Passenger vehicle sales increased year-on-year with continued strong demand for the Levorg wagon.
- Mini vehicle sales decreased year-on-year due to a decline in the Stella and other minicar sales.
< Exports >
- Exports from Japan increased year-on-year driven especially by strong sales of the Forester in the US.