FHI Announces Production, Japan Sales and Export Results for January 2016 (Flash Report)
February 26, 2016
FHI Announces Production, Japan Sales and Export Results for
January 2016 (Flash Report)
< Production >
Production increased year-on-year both in Japan and overseas in response to strong sales.
– Domestic production: Domestic production slightly increased year-on-year, as production of the Impreza, Subaru XV and Forester offset a decrease in the Legacy and Outback production.
– Overseas production: High volume production continued to meet strong demand for the Legacy and Outback in North America.
< Japan Sales >
– Passenger vehicle: Sales of the Forester, facelifted in October 2015, posted a significant increase.
– Mini vehicle: Sales decreased year-on-year, as demand for the Stella declined after a year since its fullmodel change.
< Exports >
– Exports from Japan decreased year-on-year. While sales kept momentum in key markets including North America, Europe and Australia, the export volume decreased compared to last year due to a difference in shipping schedules.