FHI Announces Production, Japan Sales and Export Results for April 2016 (Flash Report)
May 30, 2016
FHI Announces Production, Japan Sales and Export Results for
April 2016 (Flash Report)
|April 2016||Jan-Apr 2016|
|Units||2016 vs 2015||Units||’16 vs ’15|
|+11.6%||4th consecutive month of y/y increase||244,196||+4.9%|
|+24.4%||6th consecutive month of y/y increase||88,483||+15.5%|
|Global Production Total||
|+15.0%||6th consecutive month of y/y increase||332,679||+7.5%|
|Passenger Vehicles||7,886||+11.3%||First y/y increase in 3 months||45,109||-14.4%|
|Mini Vehicles||2,251||-8.9%||8th consecutive month of y/y decrease||12,530||-20.7%|
|Japan Sales Total||10,137||+6.1%||First y/y increase in 5 months||57,639||-15.8%|
|+14.8%||3rd consecutive month of y/y increase||196,883||+9.3%|
☆: Record high for the month of April
*1 JAMA (Japan Automobile Manufacturers Association Inc.) report basis (CBU)
*2 Local line-off basis
*3 JAMA report basis
< Production >
Production increased year-on-year both in Japan and overseas, in response to strong demand.
– Domestic production increased year-on-year led by strong demand for the Impreza, Subaru XV and Forester.
– Overseas production increased year-on-year as strong sales of the Legacy and Outback continued in North America.
< Japan Sales >
– Passenger vehicle sales increased year-on-year, led by continued strong demand for the Forester which was facelifted in October 2015.
– Mini vehicle sales decreased year-on-year due to a decline in the Stella sales.
< Exports >
– Exports from Japan rose year-on-year, as shipment volumes increased for most markets including North America, Europe, Australia and China.