FHI Announces Production, Japan Sales and Export Results for May 2016 (Flash Report)
June 29, 2016
FHI Announces Production, Japan Sales and Export Results for
May 2016 (Flash Report)
|May 2016||Jan-May 2016|
|Units||2016 vs 2015||Units||’16 vs ’15|
|+3.7%||5th consecutive month of y/y increase||299,378||+4.7%|
|0.0%||First y/y decrease in 7 months||106,664||+12.5%|
|Global Production Total||
|+2.8%||7th consecutive month of y/y increase||406,042||+6.6%|
|Passenger Vehicles||8,243||24.2%||2nd consecutive month of y/y increase||53,352||-10.1%|
|Mini Vehicles||1,961||-23.8%||9th consecutive month of y/y decrease||14,491||-21.1%|
|Japan Sales Total||10,204||10.8%||2nd consecutive month of y/y increase||67,843||-12.7%|
|+15.8%||4th consecutive month of y/y increase||238,391||+10.4%|
☆: Record high for the month of May
*1 JAMA (Japan Automobile Manufacturers Association Inc.) report basis (CBU)
*2 Local line-off basis
*3 JAMA report basis
< Production >
– Domestic production increased year-on-year led by strong demand for the Subaru WRX and the Forester.
– Overseas production slightly decreased year-on-year. (3 units fewer than the same month last year.)
< Japan Sales >
– Passenger vehicle sales increased year-on-year, led by continued strong demand for the Forester which was facelifted in October 2015.
– Mini vehicle sales decreased year-on-year due to a decline in the Stella sales.
< Exports >
– Exports from Japan rose year-on-year, with increased shipments to most markets including North America, Europe, Australia and China.