FHI Announces Production, Japan Sales and Export Results for October 2016 (Flash Report)
November 25, 2016
FHI Announces Production, Japan Sales and Export Results for
October 2016 (Flash Report)
|October 2016||Jan-Oct 2016|
|Units||2016 vs 2015||Units||’16 vs ’15|
|-2.7%||First y/y decrease in 3 months||602,227||+1.7%|
|+40.9%||5th consecutive month of y/y increase||243,997||+27.2%|
|Global Production Total||
|+8.6%||3rd consecutive month of y/y increase||846,224||+8.0%|
|Passenger Vehicles||9,249||+22.8%||First y/y increase in 2 months||99,889||-3.9%|
|Mini Vehicles||2,256||-7.5%||2nd consecutive month of y/y decrease||28,747||-13.6%|
|Japan Sales Total||11,505||+15.4%||First y/y increase in 2 months||128,636||-6.3%|
|+23.1%||2nd consecutive month of y/y increase||
☆☆: Record high for any single month
〇: Record high for January-October period
*1 JAMA (Japan Automobile Manufacturers Association Inc.) report basis (CBU)
*2 Local line-off basis
*3 JAMA report basis
< Production >
– Domestic production decreased year-on-year due to fewer working days. (one day less than October last year)
– Overseas production significantly increased year-on-year, as Subaru vehicle production began on the assembly line that had been used to build the Toyota Camry.
< Sales in Japan >
– Passenger vehicle sales increased year-on-year led by the Forester and Levorg.
– Mini vehicle sales decreased year-on-year, mainly due to a decline in the Pleo sales.
< Exports >
– Exports from Japan rose year-on-year due to increased shipments of the Forester to North America.