FHI Announces Production, Japan Sales and Export Results for January 2017 (Flash Report)
February 27, 2017
FHI Announces Production, Japan Sales and Export Results for
January 2017 (Flash Report)
|Units||2017 vs 2016|
|-10.3%||First y/y decrease in 3 months|
|+66.1%||8th consecutive month of y/y increase|
|Global Production Total||
|+9.3%||6th consecutive month of y/y increase|
|+14.7%||First y/y increase in 2 months|
|Mini Vehicles||2,762||-0.3%||First y/y decrease in 2 months|
|Japan Sales Total||15,484||+11.7%||4th consecutive month of y/y increase|
|+1.0%||First y/y increase in 3 months|
☆: Record high for the month of January
*1 JAMA (Japan Automobile Manufacturers Association Inc.) report basis (CBU)
*2 Local line-off basis
*3 JAMA report basis
< Production >
- Domestic production decreased year-on-year due to fewer working days.
(Two days less than January last year)
- Overseas production significantly increased year-on-year, due to increased production capacity as well as the all-new Impreza’s start of production in November 2016.
< Sales in Japan >
- Passenger vehicle sales increased year-on-year led by the all-new Impreza launched in October 2016.
- Mini vehicle sales slightly decreased year-on-year, as a decline in the Stella and Pleo sales offset sales of the all-new Chiffon launched in December 2016.
< Exports >
- Exports from Japan rose year-on-year led by increased shipments to North America and Australia.